Entries close THIS Friday – two new awards for Designer of the Year and Innovation
Entries close for the Tableware International Awards of Excellence this Friday, 12 February.
Due to the exceptional circumstances of the past year, organisers opted to extend the deadline for entries from global tableware companies.
But this Friday 12 February is the final time you can enter the awards.
With some exciting and noteworthy new categories, not to mention a celebrity chef judge in the shape of Michelin-starred Jason Atherton for the HoReCa section, the 2021 awards are worth entering. But more than that, the awards celebrate our industry and excellence in our industry deserves to be recognised.
This year we have 15 categories – including TWO new awards – 2021 Designer of the Year and the Innovation Award.
For Designer of the Year – we want you, the tableware industry, to nominate the faces behind the collections – the people who actually design the pieces we love so much.
Similarly, the Innovation category is for collections which have something unique, extraordinary, different, about them – it could be the techniques used in production, the materials used, the design – anything which is considered innovative and different.
The coveted Lifetime Achievement Award is also back, honouring those who have dedicated their life to tableware – it is open to all who have made their career in the industry and who passionately advocate for it.
The finalists will all feature in our Awards supplement in the March/April 2021 issue with the finalists announced in the following issue and online.
The categories are:
- Serveware – serving pieces, platters, bowls
- Barware – tools, drinkware, serveware: collection or specific pieces
- Flatware/Cutlery – collections or individual items
- Casual Glassware – everyday, machine-made
- Fine Glassware – premium, crystal, mouthblown
- Decorative – vases, bowls, candlesticks, photo-frames, figurines
- Coffee/Teaware – full set and/or individual coffee/tea pieces
- Metals – pieces made of metal
- Hospitality Dinnerware – HoReCa specific collections
- Hospitality Glassware – HoReCa specific collections
- Casual Dinnerware – everyday, informal
- Fine Dinnerware – bridal, formal, premium, luxury
- Innovation Award – collections or individual pieces with stand-out, innovative elements either in design or make
- 2021 Designer of the Year – a designer whose work is considered excellent
- Lifetime Achievement Award – someone who has made an outstanding contribution to the industry
For more details and to enter, please visit tablewareinternationalawards.com