We are proud to announce entries for the 2021 Tableware International Awards of Excellence are now open.
Now more than ever, these awards take on great significance. The past year has proven to be a challenging one, which could not have been predicted. Yet the industry has resolutely stood strong, and we want to honour and celebrate those global companies who continue to design and deliver quality, innovative products.
This year we have 15 categories – including TWO new awards – 2021 Designer of the Year and the Innovation Award.
For Designer of the Year – we want you, the tableware industry, to nominate the faces behind the collections – the people who actually design the pieces we love so much.
Similarly, the Innovation category is for collections which have something unique, extraordinary, different, about them – it could be the techniques used in production, the materials used, the design – anything which is considered innovative and different.
The coveted Lifetime Achievement Award is also back, honouring those who have dedicated their life to tableware – it is open to all who have made their career in the industry and who passionately advocate for it.
The finalists will all feature in our Awards supplement in March/April 2021 with the final winners announced in the following issue and online.
The categories are:
- Serveware – serving pieces, platters, bowls
- Barware – tools, drinkware, serveware: collection or specific pieces
- Flatware/Cutlery – collections or individual items
- Casual Glassware – everyday, machine-made
- Fine Glassware – premium, crystal, mouthblown
- Decorative – vases, bowls, candlesticks, photo-frames, figurines
- Coffee/Teaware – full set and/or individual coffee/tea pieces
- Metals – pieces made of metal
- Hospitality Dinnerware – HoReCa specific collections
- Hospitality Glassware – HoReCa specific collections
- Casual Dinnerware – everyday, informal
- Fine Dinnerware – bridal, formal, premium, luxury
- Innovation Award – collections or individual pieces with stand-out, innovative elements either in design or make
- 2021 Designer of the Year – a designer whose work is considered excellent
- Lifetime Achievement Award – someone who has made an outstanding contribution to the industry
For more details and to enter, please visit tablewareinternationalawards.com